Monday, April 9, 2012

Female or male’s perspective?

Do you prefer to write from a female or male’s perspective?
Not really sure 


If I’m being honest, I haven’t written much from a male’s perspective yet - mostly because so far, I never really had to for any of my stories, so this question is a bit difficult to answer. 

There is this one story I am working on, one that will include quite a bit of parts written from a guy’s point of view, but I only have two chapters of it so far. Nonetheless, I quite like to write from his perspective, but, I’m always afraid that I’m messing it all up. I don’t want any of my characters to look ‘fake’, so I’m really over-thinking every single line I write. 

Sometimes I find it helpful though, to write from one of my other character’s point of view, especially when something’s going on but the main character doesn’t know about it. In my opinion, it helps to keep the facts straight and not to miss anything. But, I don’t really pay much attention to whether I’m portraying that character correctly or not according to his/her gender. When I write like that, it is pure for my eyes only because it helps me to write the story
.
In short, like I stated earlier, I haven’t really much experience with writing from a male’s perspective, nonetheless, I like it, but I’m terrified that I’m doing a horrible job at it.
 

No comments: