Monday, September 12, 2011

Author Revealed -- Abigail Gibbs


Abigail Gibbs is this week’s featured author in Author Revealed. Abigail is 17 years old and lives in England. She writes Fantasy/Romance novels and would love to become a published author someday. Abigail is best known for “Dinner with a vampire. Did I mention I’m  vegetarian?” – a story she has gained thousands of fans with already!

At this moment, it is… Overcast with the possibility of showers. 

I am known for… writing, coffee-drinking, being organised, being vegetarian. On Wattpad, I’m know as Canse12, the girl who invented Kaspar. 

Instead of doing this, I should… be revising my personal statement for university application and completing some geography homework I may have forgotten to do over the summer.

I am the best at… drinking the most cups of coffee in a day. I average eight or nine.

I envy the people who… can eat and eat and eat and are skinny little rakes who do no exercise. I eat and eat and eat and then I have to go for really long walks.

I wish I were better at… just letting things go and not worrying.

When I am old I… will not have plastic surgery. Grow old with grace, Madonna, with grace!

I love… chocolate, coffee, my family, being in a nice warm house whilst it’s raining outside, flirting with intelligent guys, English Literature, writing (of course).

I don’t like… beetroot. Yuck.

I’d really want to… be ambitious whilst being content.

I shouldn’t laugh at the really distasteful jokes some of my guy friends come up with. “A lot of people don’t get my dark humour, but I guess it isn’t everybody’s cup of processed dead baby.” Yeah. You imagine being told that one at midnight. *Nervous laugh*

One day I will… become a published author. Failing that, I will marry a foreign royal and become supreme ruler of the world.

I have learned the hard way… that guys suck. Throw rocks at them. Girls also suck. Throw rocks at them too!

I couldn’t live without… Coffeeeeeee (more specifically, caffeine). I’m just mindless without it.

When I look in the mirror… I’m generally pale, tired-looking and often have very dishevelled bed-hair. I can also see Prince William and Kate Middleton (well, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge now) because I have a novelty flag left over from the royal wedding pinned to my mirror.

I will never… Smoke, take drugs or drink in excess to the point where I’m throwing up on the pavement and have no control over my actions. Not that I will say no to a nice Vodka and Coke. YesI’mUnderage.

I want to move to… London. Oxford. Vancouver Island. But I always want to be able to return to good old Devon.

The last time I went to the movies... I took my little brother to see Transformers 3. It was so long, my legs were stiff afterwards and I could barely walk down the steps to get out.

I love singing along to… everything, but at the moment, I’m singing along to Jessie J’s ‘Who’s Laughing Now’ or Ellie Goulding’s ‘Human’. Last week I was humming along to Vaughan Williams’ ‘The Lark Ascending’. Week before that it was Asher Roth’s ‘I Love College’. My taste is a bit all over the place.

One book I recommend is… ‘Eragon’ for fantasy and adventure lovers.

I want to watch… the next series (season? Is that what people call it?) of BBC’s ‘Sherlock’. Hullo Hullo, Benedict Cumberbatch.

A word I use way too much… Oh fey. (Two words, but there you go).

I love life because… I’m in it.

My favorite number...  is12.

I am terrified of… blood. But only in paper cut quantities. I’m fine with gushing wounds.

My guilty pleasure is… confusing people by using long words in conversation. And no, I don’t cheat by using a thesaurus.

Sleep is… a bothersome but necessary part of life that takes up far too much of the day. 

I prefer… Diet Coke to the full fat stuff.

Sometimes I should… not put so much pressure on myself. Below answer does not support this.

If I could go back in time… I would give myself a kick up the derrière concerning my GCSE grades; following that, I would tell myself not to bother with him and then I would go back to about 1810 and experience life during the late Georgian and Regency periods.  

Last time I stood in line… I’m British. I stand in line for everything. I stand in line in the kitchen to use the kettle.

I don’t see myself writing… novellas. I always get too involved with the plot and characters to stop at so small a word count.

I would steal if… I or any members of my family were starving.

One day I will write a story that… will have a cult following. Sounds fun.

I’m addicted to... I think I’ve established coffee as being necessary to my survival.

The smell of… bacon is disgusting.

A song I could keep listening to is… ‘Henry gets drunk with women’ from The Tudors Soundtrack.

When I watch TV… Not really much of a TV person, but I like to snuggle with my cushions in my room in the dark, preferably drooling over Benedict Cumberbatch. If not, I’m probably screaming that Sebastian Vettel should marry me during the F1. I have a bit of a soft spot for German men, but less said on that the better, me thinks.

My motto in life is no other than… video, et taceo. I see, and I am silent. It is a motto that originally belonged to Elizabeth I, but I find it rather fits me, so I adopted it. 


--> Read Abigail's work on Wattpad : www.wattpad.com/user/Canse12
--> Facebook Page for ‘Dinner with a Vampire’: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=228823349259
--> Search for @Canse12 on Twitter


No comments: