Monday, September 26, 2011

Author Revealed -- Kay Darali


Kay Darali is this week’s featured author in Author Revealed. Kay is a 19-year-old English Literature University student and lives in Québec, Canada. Kay finished writing two stories so far: “Me, the First Half Immortal Half Spirit” and “I Sold Myself to the Devil for Vinyls… Pitiful I Know”. To say it in Kay’s words: “Getting my  work published would be like a dream come true, but I try not to have too many illusions.” On Wattpad, Kay has gained a good few thousands of fans already and there only keep coming more.


At this moment, it is… quiet in my apartment except for the cars passing by outside.

I am known for… my short attention span, my craziness, my flashing at 11:11, my long hair, my ability to lick my elbow, because yes I can do that, my freaking out for no reason and getting sick over it and my love for Febreeze! Oh and well for my readers it would be “creating Blake Eaton”.

Instead of doing this, I should… be doing my short story homework, or re-read “Paradise Lost” by Milton for my class tomorrow morning, or going to bed actually. 

I am the best at… making up crazy scenarios in my head.

Recently, I’ve discovered that... focussing on one person during years makes you miss the right person standing beside them all along.

I envy the people who… know exactly what they want and where they’re going in life.

I wish I were better at… making up my mind and not second guessing every decision I take.

When I am old I… hope I don’t have a too saggy body.

I love… too easily.

I don’t like… when my damned roommate doesn’t clean her cat’s litter and I get a nice puff of cat poo while eating in the kitchen. I really don’t like that!

Looking to my right, I see... Febreeze, my pink pocket knife, John Green’s Paper Town, then on the floor my red garbage can, and then beside it my nightstand with more Febreeze on it and my alarm clock and then beside that my “sent right from Heaven” bed.

I’d really want to… have more time in a day.

I shouldn’t laugh at… people crying but I can’t really help it. Or at the movie Titanic… that movie cracks me up every time!

One day I will… find the right words and they will be simple. (thanks Jack Kerouac!

I have learned the hard way… that things are not permanent.

My favorite cartoon is... SpongeBob SquarePants!

I couldn’t live without… Febreeeeeeze, goddarn it! Or Swiffers. Or well my little brother, my best friend È, Papa Bear, my parents, my sister, however overbearing she is sometimes, my big brother even if he’s away all the time, pretty much all the people that make my life worth it, oh and books!

When I look in the mirror… well I don’t have any in my room at the moment so it’s the one in the bathroom and I see toothpaste stains on it. Gottaaaaaa clean iiiiiiiiit! 0_0

I will never… let you fall, I’ll stand up with you forever, I’ll be there for you through it all, even if saving you sends me to Heaven. Or well Red Jumpsuit Apparatus aside, I will never understand human beings stupidity.

I want to move to… Nerfighteria.

My last dream involved... my father not being my actual father, but some Italian mobster.

I love singing along to… old songs. Or Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You” very loudly. Or Grease’s “Hopelessly Devoted to You” again, very very loudly.

One book I recommend is… The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons.

I want to watch… the first episode of new season of How I Met Your Mother!

Singing in the shower is… completely acceptable if you keep in mind that people can still hear you.

I love life because… it’d be a waste not to.

My weirdest eating habits include... eating in the middle of the night, putting enormous amount of sugar in my cereals, eating chocolate and carrots together, putting Sprite with the water when I make my pie crust (grama’s trick)… hmm… aside from that it’s just the usual “scaring people with the amount of food I can eat considering my thinness”

I am terrified of… not being able to trust my heart on certain things, and losing more people I love. And growing a second chin.

My guilty pleasure is… watching Vampire Diaries. *cringes* I only watch it for Tyler and Caroline (because I mean that makes it sooooo much better *rolls eyes at herself*)

Sleep is… a very desirable thing but too time consuming to be fully appreciated.

I prefer… doing my own thing rather than caring about other’s people opinion, which in more simple words mean making a fool of myself in public rather then behaving.

Sometimes I should… shut my mouth.

If I could go back in time… I’d find a way to force Terminator Salvation’s producer to just not do it. Christian Bale in “American Psycho” had me thinking he’d do a good Terminator, not a John-Freaking-Connor! Oh and I’d force FOX to make a third and a fourth and a fifth and an infinity of “Sarah Connor Chronicles” seasons.

Last time I stood in line… it was in a CD store, to pay for my things.

I don’t see myself writing… a story without some type of romance in it.

I would steal if… I really needed to.

One day I will write a story that… will satisfy me.

The smell of… the savage roses at my family estate make me feel like home.

A song I could keep listening to is… “Samson” by Regina Spektor.

When I watch TV… I do other things at the same time. If I want to watch something I usually get it on the internet… no commercials!

My motto in life is no other than… help yourself.



-->  Read Kay’s work here: http://www.wattpad.com/user/DarknessAndLight

1 comment:

Zara said...

OH MY GOD!!!!
KAY loves the same book as I do! That book is ultimately amazing!