Saturday, November 5, 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011

This year, I decided to participate in NaNoWriMo. NaNoWriMo stands for Nation Novel Writing Month and in short, in case you've never heard of it, you challenge yourself to finish a novel (50 000 words) in 30 days.

If I had known about NaNoWriMo last year, I probably would've participated then as well, unfortunately, back then, I didn't have a clue as to what it was, and I only found out about it when it was already half-way.

This year, I actually doubted whether or not to participate. As much as I wanted to, because well, I do love a good challenge and I've also realized that I tend to write more when I have a deadline, I also knew that November would be a pretty busy month because of all the work I'll have for Uni. Nonetheless, I decided that it would be worth a try. If I manage to get to those 50 000 words, that would be totally awesome. If not, well, I'll still end up with more writing then I had at the beginning of this month so really, this is a win-win situation.

Now, on day 5, I'm already 5000 words behind but I am convinced that if I manage to write in whatever little spare time I have, I'll be able to catch up on that word count.

If you're participating in NaNoWriMo: Good Luck!

I'm off again to do some more (needed) writing;
Vicky


ps: You can find my profile here: www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/vicky_nfs
pps: I've decided to write my novel Sixteen Moons for NaNoWriMo. For more info/updates/teasers on this story, go to http://16moons.tumblr.com

No comments: