Friday, August 12, 2011

Author Revealed -- Katelyn Moore

Katelyn Moore is an 18-year old University Student who lives in Australia. She dreams of getting her books published one day. Katelyn writes in many different genres, but teen-fiction or young adult and romance are her main ones.  Katelyn has worked on many stories already and she completed two so far. Even though Katelyn hasn’t published any of her books yet, she already gained a fair amount of fans on Wattpad where she shares (some of) her writing.


At this moment, it isbloody cold.

I am known for… being slightly vampiric. My hands are always ice-cold, even if I’m wearing gloves, they’re still physically cold. They’re even cold in the summer. Apparently I’m also very mum-like. People always tell me I’m like a mother to them, but I can’t help it, I have to make sure people are okay and doing the right thing. It’s completely natural.

Instead of doing this, I shouldbe doing some Sociology work, or any Uni work for that matter.

I am the best atnot knowing what I’m best at. I’m thinking, but my mind is coming up blank, like always LOL!

I envy the people whohave loads of confidence. Boy, would my life be different if I’d said the things I never said and done the things I should have done. But in the end, I guess my lack of confidence has put me in the place I am today, and I like where I am, so it’s all good.

I wish I were better atwhat every writer wishes he or she was better at—writing. I am on the learning path, but I just can’t seem to learn fast enough.  I also wish I was better at being confident. How my life would change if I miraculously did something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time.  

When I am old Iwant to sit on a porch with my very own Gilbert Blythe and reminisce about our crazy young-adulthood while we watch our grandchildren play.

I love… writing, reading, netball, dancing, music, Gilbert Blythe, life, love, my family and friends. Oh, and Anne of Green Gables, too =P

I don’t likefakes, liars, attention-seekers, mushrooms, being wrong, people touching my feet (don’t even try to go near ‘em. You’ll face my wrath if you do, and believe me, you really don’t want that), people who take forever to make up their mind, touching raw meat (but I am very much an omnivore), and doing things I really don’t want to do.

I’d really want tolive in the early 1900s. There’s just something about that time, and it has nothing to do with a certain Gilbert Blythe. Okay, maybe just a little bit. It’s what drew me in at first, but I’ve found my own love for it. I would fit in perfectly. People tell me so lol.
 
I shouldn’t laugh atpeople getting injured. I can’t help it, though; it’s completely natural. I bet you’d all laugh at someone else getting hurt. Oh, but this one time I didn’t. My friend fell down and broke her nose. I didn’t laugh that day. No, I totally FREAKED out!

One day I willaccomplish all I set out to accomplish. I will be published (when the time is right), I will go to England, and I will marry Gilbert Blythe (of course he’ll have to be in the form of a real man =P).

When I look to my left I see... my bed, a coffee cup, a bottle of alcohol (with the cap still firmly in place, of course) and a rubber ducky.

I have learned the hard waythat you should always say what you mean to say. There are so many things in life I wish I had the courage to confront, and for some things, it’s too late.

I couldn’t live withoutmy Mum. I don’t know what I’d do if she wasn’t around. One thing’s for sure, I’d be bloody lost if she wasn’t.

When I look in the mirror… Bloody Mary stares back at me. Only Kidding! That wouldn’t be very good LOL! No, I see me. I see purity and flaws, like most teenage girls do. I love myself, I hate myself, I have my moments of insecurity. But that’s just me.

I will nevertake drugs, purposefully hurt someone, and I will never abandon my family and friends.

I want to move toEngland or Prince Edward Island with my Gilbert Blythe. Those choices seem to be stretching it a bit, though. But if there is one place I’d love to move to, it would be out to the sleepy country town where my grandparents lived. I loved going out to the farm during the holidays.

I love singing along tosongs I know. If I don’t know the lyrics to a song… well, it’s not too pretty LOL! Then again, that's pretty fun as well.

One book I recommend iswait, you want me to pick just one? That’s impossible! So here are a few of my favourites. Richelle Mead is a fabulous author, and one of my idols, so anything by her is a necessity. But there is also this Australian author, Fleur McDonald, who I highly recommend. She writes outback novels. But they’re not just about droughts and cows and stuff—there is a real air of mystery about her books. They’ve got romance as well. She writes about strong, independent women. Blue Skies is one of my absolute favourite books, ever. I brought it to read on the bus on a day trip to Canberra and ended up reading most of it the night before. I have her other book, Red Dust, sitting on my shelf. It’s next on my to-read list. Her books are available in Australia, but I’m sure people in other countries can buy them online as well. Oh, but they are available in Germany, I think.

I want to watch“Anne of Green Gables, The Continuing Story” right now. I’ve watched it God only knows how many times, but I watched “The Sequel” again yesterday, so I simply have to finish off with the third movie =P

I love life becauseI’m living it. I could complain that I don’t have enough, or that I want more, but you know what, I’m content with my life. I’m happy to have what I have. I’ll always want something more (everyone does), but I’m grateful for everything, and everyone, that’s a part of my life right now.

I am terrified ofnot knowing what I’m terrified of, and that could be a real problem. This is another one of those moments where my mind is completely blank.

One day, I want to meet... Gilbert Blythe (yes, I know, I have a slight obsession). I don’t care if he’s fictional, I will meet him in my dreams. But a real person, you say? Well, I’ve already met Richelle Mead, but I’d also love to meet J.K Rowling, another idol of mine. I’m sure it’s obvious why.

If I had one day completely to myself... I’d sleep and dream completely ridiculous dreams about Gilbert Blythe. Kidding! I’d dream about anything (including Gilbert Blythe) and hope a great story could come out of it. I’m always thinking about writing, so that’s probably what I’d do if I had a day all to myself, even though I do that every day anyway.

My guilty pleasure isthe Jonas Brothers and Hanson. I don’t care what you all think, they’re great artists and I love them LOL! Gilbert Blythe, Dimitri Belikov and cake as well. I love chocolate cake.  

Sleep is… a necessity. I don’t get enough of it. I go to bed way too late (hence another reason people call me a vampire) and I get woken up fairly early in the morning by my Mum.

I prefer… living in the early 1900s. Okay, so that’s kind of impossible, but I can dream, can’t I?

Sometimes I shouldpay more attention to what I’m supposed to be doing rather then what I wish I was doing.

If I could go back in timeI would do and say all the things I never had the courage or chance to do.  

Last time I stood in linewas at the Post Office with my Mum and little brother. We went to pay some bills.

I don’t see myself writingany epic-fantasy or sci-fi stories in the future. I just don’t think I’d have the patience for it LOL! I’d rather stick to the stuff that I know, to a certain extent, and build upon my dismal knowledge of the world I live in =P

I would steal ifit were my last resort. Taking something that’s not yours is so wrong. I would steal if it were the only thing I could to save myself, or save someone else. Making sure someone is safe and alive would be worth it, I’m sure.

One day I will write a story thatinspires and changes a teenage girl’s life. All of my teen-fiction novels have an underlying message, and I really hope that those messages will help young girls to see clearly and help them to be all that they can be and not just someone who conforms to the ideals of contemporary society.

The smell ofa freshly baked chocolate cake. I can’t wait until it’s iced and ready to eat. Yum Yum!

A song I could keep listening to isBreakaway, by Kelly Clarkson. It was my entrance song at my Debutant Ball. It describes me in so many ways, it’s freaky.

When I watch TVyou better not disturb me. But if I talk to you about something, you better answer LOL!

My motto in life is no other thanStrive for the Best. It was the motto of my primary school, and I’ve followed it ever since I was a little kid. It’s motivating and constantly pushes me forward so I can do the best that I can. 


--> You can find Katelyn's profile on Wattpad here: http://www.wattpad.com/user/Kate-Dimka  
--> Fleur McDonald’s site: http://fleurmcdonald.com

No comments: