Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Author Revealed -- Emma Lowe

Emma Lowe comes from Australia and is 20 years old.  At this moment, she's in the middle of getting her first novel published. Emma also posts (some of) her stories online where you can read them for free (see link at the end). She has gained a lot of fans already, and I'm sure there are still many to come.  In between editing and writing, Emma found some time to participate in this week's Author Revealed, and this is the result:
  • My name is…Emma.
  • At this moment, it is…Emmiie.
  • I am known for…Writing, procrastination, and unleashing the beast.
  • Instead of doing this, I should…procrastinate…write…put on music because my dog snores, and FINALLY find out who killed the queen. Team Ozera! <3
  • I am the best at…being a ninja, but love to write!
  • I envy the people who…have a huge vocabulary and don’t have to use thesaurus.
  • I wish I were better at…writing. There’s always room for improvement. xD
  • When I am old I…will have a midlife crises and buy lots of cats. *Twitchy eye*
  • I love…writing, Monster, cats, the colour red.
  • I don’t like…running, talking on phones, and the number 23 (it haunts me).
  • I’d really want to…confuse people with my answers. =p
  • I shouldn’t laugh at…people falling over, but sometimes, it’s really funny to watch.
  • One day I will…take over the world. Just you wait. It will happen! O.o
  • I have learned the hard way…to not get too attached to fictional characters. <3
  • I couldn’t live without…writing, reading, music, colours, letters, words, sounds, Webby, Lissa, and Moe. Occasionally Kyle. I guess. Lol.
  • When I look in the mirror… it tells me I’m the fairest of them all. >.< 
  • I will never…tell a lie. xD
  • I want to move to…Belgium and Canada! But only so I can kidnap Webby, Lissa, and bring them back to Australia. Dean will appreciate this.
  • I love singing along to…Justin Beiber. I jest, I jest. Korn. *Rocks out*
  • One book I recommend is…Anything by Richelle Mead. The woman is a genius. We should all worship AND fear her.
  • I want to watch…The Vampire Diaries, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Modern Family, OC, Random videos on Youtube.
  • I love life because…I was born this way. (Yes, I’m actually quoting Lady Gaga).
  • I am terrified of…everything. Mainly: the dark, being buried alive, maggots (ew!), glass, spiders that talk, King Kong, and that unexplored spot in the back of my twisted mind.
  • My guilty pleasure is…Caffine and Christian Ozera.
  • Sleep is…important but not necessary for nightwalkers.
  • I prefer…to rock out in my socks to “Old Time Rock and Roll” and other 80’s songs.
  • Sometimes I should…take things seriously.
  • If I could go back in time…I’d visit my past self and tell them the movie ‘The Terminator’ was right, and that the world was taken over by evil robots.
  • Last time I stood in line…I really needed to use the bathroom. >.<
  • I don’t see myself writing…*does not compute* Emma wants to write anything and everything. Now, if only she could perfect cloning. Hmmm. O.o
  • I would steal if…I myself or someone I loved literally needed it and there was no other option. I don’t like stealing. :/
  • One day I will write a story that…changes lives, hopefully. Yes, I’m actually taking this one seriously. I’d love for my writing to help people, to write for a reason, something more than entertainment. I’d love to write a story that sticks with people; that they learn positive things from.
  • The smell of…burnt popcorn. Seriously. I wish I was joking.
  • A song I could keep listening to is…probably by Korn. They’re awesome. xD
  • When I watch TV…I wonder why I’m not writing or reading. There should be a book version of everything. (And not an eBook, either, I can’t sniff those…it’s weird).
  • My motto in life is no other than… "I don't pretend to know what love is for everyone, but I can tell you what it is for me; love is knowing all about someone, and still wanting to be with them more than any other person, love is trusting them enough to tell them everything about yourself, including the things you might be ashamed of, love is feeling comfortable and safe with someone, but still getting weak knees when they walk into a room  and smile at you."  -- That, to me, is so true. ‎Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful.



--> You can read some of Emma’s work here:  http://www.wattpad.com/user/Emmiie

 

No comments: